Frontier Soups - Potato Leek Soup Mix is a garden blend of leeks and other greens that make this soup a year round favorite. Cooked and ready to enjoy in 40 minutes, serve warm with diced ham, or chilled and pureed with a dollop of sour cream! (Previously Idaho Outpost Potato Leek Soup)
Nutrition: Clean Label, Nothing Artificial, No Added Salt, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan Friendly.
Ingredients: Potato, Leek, Celery, Onion, Scallion, Dill, Thyme, Bay leaf.
To one package add:
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1 ½ lbs Baby red potatoes, chopped not peeled, or 24 oz frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup Light or heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in soup mix and potatoes.
- Add contents of the Potato Leek Soup Mix and potatoes, bring back to a simmer, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Gently mash potatoes with a fork or back of spoon.
- Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper, if desired, and remove bay leaf.
- Cover and hold on low heat 5 minutes or longer before serving. To serve chilled, prepare soup and refrigerate overnight. Use immersion blender or potato masher to puree soup. More cream may be added, if soup is too thick. Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.
Cooktime: 40 Minutes
Frontier Soups - Potato Leek Soup Mix