Frontier Soups - French Onion Soup Mix with black lentils and sliced onions has substance and nutrition not in a typical French onion soup. Rich and robust on its own or extra luscious with French bread and cheese topping, this gluten free soup is hot and ready in just 50 minutes.
Ingredients: Onion, Black Lentil, Carrot, Leek, Peppercorn (Black, Green, White), Allspice, Oregano, Nutmeg.
Nutrition: Clean Label, Nothing Artificial, No Added Salt, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan Friendly.
To one package add:
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Large sweet onion
- ½ cup Apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- Optional: 1 tsp Sugar
- Optional: 8 oz Shredded Gruyere cheese
- Optional:2 cups Croutons
- Peel onion and cut into quarters, then cross cut quarters to form narrow semi-circle slices.
- In a 4-quart pot melt butter and sauté onion 10 minutes, or to caramelize onion, add 1 teaspoon sugar and continue to cook for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir in Chicago Bistro French Onion Soup Mix and stir 30 seconds.
- Add broth, apple cider or juice and Worcestershire.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 40 minutes.
- Serve as is or may top each bowl with croutons and Gruyere cheese.
Cooktime: 50 Minutes
Frontier Soups - French Onion Soup Mix