Frontier Soups - Broccoli Cheddar Soup Mix is a home-style medley of colorful peas, carrots and corn that are delicately seasoned with dill. Combined with gluten free corn pasta, this delightful 30 minute soup is a family favorite.
Nutrition: Clean Label, Nothing Artificial, No Added Salt, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan Friendly.
Ingredients: Rice, Potato, Broccoli, Carrot, Onion, Bell Pepper, Bay Leaf.
To one package add:
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Heavy or half/half cream
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional Vegetable additions: 2 cups chopped, fresh or frozen broccoli or cauliflower or 5 oz package of fresh baby spinach
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in soup mix and optional vegetable additions plus 1 cup broth as needed.
- Return to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cream and cheese. Return to stovetop, cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cheese, cover and keep on low heat for 10 minutes longer.
- For thicker soup use a hand immersion blender to puree the soup, or gently mash the vegetables with a fork, stir well and serve.
Cooktime: 45 Minutes
Frontier Soups - Broccoli Cheddar Soup Mix